This class is a minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 People.
Would you love to make clothes but find patterns impossible to understand?
Over one-day we will demystify the dressmaking process, sending you home ready to tackle your next project, with a beautiful, timeless, shift dress and personalised pattern!
We will cover every aspect of the process from choosing the right size and pattern cutting, through to seam finishes, and with no zips or buttonholes to worry about we won't have to rush!
- In the morning we will transfer the pattern to specialist pattern paper, adjusting the fit, and then sewing the pattern together to check the fit.
- In the afternoon, with your adjusted pattern now ready, you will make your dress.
Use your own fabrics or pick one of ours (you will save 15% on the cost of the fabric if you opt to buy from us).
Choosing Your Fabric
- Medium weight cottons will give you a structured, defined shape.
- Cotton lawn, rayon, chambray or poplin will give you a more floaty feel.
- Denim or thicker linens will give you a very defined shape.
Dress Version 1 Short or No Sleeves:
- 115cm wide fabric - 2.75mtrs (all sizes)
- 140cm wide fabric - 1.7mtrs (sizes 8-12) 2.1mtrs (sizes 14-20)
Dress Version 2 Long Sleeves:
- 115cm wide fabric - 2.7mtrs (all sizes)
- 140cm wide fabric - 1.8mtrs (sizes 8-12) 2.7mtrs (sizes 14-20)
- If you opt to put sleeves in your dress you will not finish it in the class so need to be confident that you would be happy to finish at home.
- Whatever fabric you use, it is vital that you pre-wash it - it will shrink by up to 6%!
If you would like to use your discount to buy one of our fabrics for your dress, please contact us in advance of the course as we will need to get the fabric washed, ready for the lesson, email us at email@example.com
- Availability: New Dates Coming Soon!