100% cotton, 25mm (1") wide single fold bias tape. Perfect for covering raw edges inside and on the back of your projects.
Buy by the mtr or in a great value pre-cut packs - the larger the pack, the bigger the discount:
- Save 10% on the mtr price when you buy a 5mtr pack.
- Save 20% on the mtr price when you buy a 10mtr pack.
- Save 30% on the mtr price when you buy a 50mtr roll (please allow 5 days for despatch).
What is Bias Binding/Bias Tape?
Bias tape is used to cover raw edges in sewing (both visible edges and hidden ones) and to add strength to curved shapes, such as those found on necklines and around armholes. It is also used as a ribbon style trim to decorate projects, to make straps on dresses and tops, and to cover piping cord.
Look around you and you will find bias tape everywhere!
When deciding which sort of bias tape to buy ask yourself the following questions:
- Will the bias tape be visible on the front of your project, or will it be hidden on the inside/back of your project?
If your bias tape will be visible on the front of your project we recommend making your own bias tape as the ready-made tape is designed to be used in hidden areas. Ready-made tape is deliberately made of thin cotton so that it does not add weight or bulk to your makes, but you can see through the tape to the fabric underneath so it is not suitable for use on the front of your projects.
- If you are using a sewing pattern does it specify using single or double fold bias tape?
We stock single fold tape but you can easily turn it into double fold tape just fold it in half lengthways!
- How wide does your bias tape need to be?
Bias tape is measured across the front of the tape so if you are using our bias tape as single fold tape it is 25mm (1") tape. If you turn it into double fold tape by folding it in half, long edge to long edge, then the size of the tape is half that of single fold tape, 12mm (1/2") tape.
Click here to download our free, four part guide to bias tape.
- Availability: In Stock