This Course is limited to a Minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 People
Complete 5 projects in 5 weeks!
This course has been designed with the absolute beginner in mind. We cover the basics of using a sewing machine, sewing straight lines and curves, darts, bias tape making, interfacings, seam finishes, top stitching, sewing pockets and even tackle zips!
We provide everything you need (including a choice of fabrics from across the store for each project), if you have your own sewing machine we recommend bringing it with you, as there is nothing like learning on your own, but if you don't have one yet, you can use one of ours.
- You will receive a copy of our sewing bible when you join the course - full of hints, tips and tutorials to support you during and after the course.
- You will receive 15% off full priced items bought during the course and 5% off sale items, plus 10% off any sewing school events booked during your course.
- We will start with some bunting triangles and make an envelope style cushion cover.
- We will cover sewing machine basics, sewing straight lines, pivoting around corners and even sew french seams!
- We will make a reversible bag, introducing sewing around curves, darts, hiding seams and topstitching.
Weeks 3 & 4
- We will be making half aprons (they are ones that start at the waist!) with gathers and a pocket with a pleat, finished with handmade bias tape.
- Skills covered will include making and sewing with bias tape, gathering, pleats and adding pockets.
- We will make zipper pouches and finish your bunting.
- Skills covered will include sewing with zips, choosing and sewing with interfacing.
- Availability: New Dates Coming Soon!