Vilene's Seam Tape Flexible is designed for use with stretchy fabrics, from velvet at one end of the spectrum through jersey and knit fabrics and all the way over to Lycras at the other end.
If you iron regular interfacings onto stretch fabrics they will most likely break and fall off in use. If you sew regular interfacing onto stretchy fabrics you may not find it breaks, but it will stop your fabrics from stretchy the way they are designed to.
This interfacing will stabilize your fabric's structure whilst still breathing with the fabric as it moves.
This tape is 15mm wide, and this listing is for the Charcoal version, designed for use with darker coloured fabrics - for the white version see links below or click on the Vlieseline logo.
Order in mtrs, the more you order the longer your piece of interfacing will get, or opt for one of our great value pre-cut mini rolls:
- Save 10% when you order a 10mtr pack
- Save 20% when you order a 25mtr pack.
- Save 30% when you order a 100mtr roll.
Where To Use Seam Tape
On the back of your fabrics around areas that will be subject to the greatest amount of stretch in daily life - around pockets, buttons and buttonholes etc.. and on areas of your garment that could become permanently stretched out of shape during the sewing process - typically around any curves, hems, and necklines.
How to Use
- Place on top of your fabric, rough side down, and lightly iron into place (you may want to place a cloth between the tape and your iron).
- Hold the iron in place for about 8 seconds and then lift and press the next section of the tape.
- Allow your garment to cool off for about 20 minutes to allow the glue to properly set before sewing/using the garment.
If the area you are treating is curved and you are struggling to get the tape to sit in place, snip into the edge of the tape furthest from the edge of the fabric, at regular intervals, allowing you to spread the tape out.
- Availability: In Stock