Thermolam is a compressed polyester batting with a squishy, dense feel and great insulating properties. It is soft and spongy and has a similar feel and texture to wool felt.
You can use Thermolam wherever you would usually use wadding, batting or fleece:
- in dressmaking for padding,
- in quilts as a wadding,
- in home decor projects such as table runners and oven gloves where the heat resistance properties of the batting really come into their own (in these situations Viliesline recommend using two layers of wadding),
- in bag/purse making to create structure and give your fabric a smooth, thick, squishy feel.
When sewing with Thermolam you will get the best results if the fabric is on top of the Thermolam rather than underneath it (so that the sewing machine foot does not come into direct contact with the interfacing).
Thermolam can be washed at 30 degrees and dry cleaned.
Order in cms or mtrs, the more you order the longer your piece of Thermolam will get, or opt for one of our great value pre-cut mini rolls:
- Save 10% when you order a 5mtr roll.
- Save 15% when you order a 10mtr roll.
- Save 20% when you order a 25mtr roll.
- Availability: In Stock