When We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect data from you when you...
- visit our website.
- setup or use your account.
- make an online purchase either with your account or by checking out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you engage with us on social media (this data is held by the social media companies but details can be viewed by ourselves, for example your Instagram account name or messages on Facebook).
- contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- book to attend a Sewing School event.
- choose to complete any surveys we send you or which we make available on social media or our blog.
- comment on, or review, our products and services.
What We Collect
- If you have an account with us: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
- If you have an account with us we also hold an encrypted record of your login password (we will never know your password and cannot access it, but without the encrypted copy on the system, you would not be able to access your account). We will NEVER ask you for all, or part, of your password.
- Details of your interactions with us online. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items added to your basket, voucher redemptions, how and when you contact us.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Proof of consent - for example, when you tick a box to receive our newsletter, we will keep a record of when consent was given and what it was given for.
- Technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located.
card information is NOT held by ourselves, but in the secure networks held by
our finance partners, PAYPAL and Amazon.
How We Use Your Data
- To process any orders you make using our website. This information is used within Prints to Polka Dots to pick, pack and ship your order. If you have selected to have your order delivered via courier, or if you qualify for free delivery and we determine the best method of shipment is via courier, then your name, address, phone number and email address will be passed onto the courier company through their secure website.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints (via our website, email, telephone or social media). We may also keep a record of these interactions to inform any future communication and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout.
- If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement.
- To process payments, recording the interactions with the payment partner so that payments can be tracked if there is an issue. No card details are held here at Prints to Polka Dots.
- To send newsletters if signed up for.
How We Protect Your Data
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and payment card information is not held within Prints to Polka Dots, but with our trusted payment processing partners - Paypal and Amazon.
How Long We Keep Your Data
When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for a maximum of five years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
More Information on Your Rights Under Privacy Legislation (including GDPR)
Visit the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website at www.ico.org.uk to find out more about your rights under UK privacy legislation.